Attorney Jose Aponte was born in New York City and raised in Puerto Rico. His legal practice focuses exclusively on U.S. immigration law. For most of the past three years Jose has worked with Unaccompanied Minors, helping them achieve various forms of legal relief including asylum. He has represented clients in New York, Puerto Rico, and Texas. Jose resides in Houston, Texas with his wife, Laura and their cat, Lucy. Outside the office he enjoys photography.
- B.A. in Psychology with a Minor in Chemistry – New York University, 1995
- Juris Doctor – American University, Washington College of Law, 2006
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (Puerto Rico and Texas Chapters)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Brazilian Portuguese (proficient)
- Houston, TX