Powers Law Group is available by phone and is available to receive documents in the office Wednesday, August 30. Houston Immigration Court (non-detained/ detained), Houston Asylum Office, Houston ICE, and the USCIS Houston Field Office are closed the remainder of the week, scheduled to reopen Tuesday, September 5. HISD is closed until Tuesday, September 5 as well. We will continue to attempt to keep you up to date on resources and closures through our newsletter and social media. Stay safe!
Powers Law Group advocates for immigrants’ rights and immigration reform through public outreach. If you would like one of our attorneys to speak to your community, we would welcome the opportunity. Please complete this form, Request a Speaker or in the alternative, you can send your request to Contact@RubyPowersLaw.com.
Upcoming Powers Law Group Speaking Engagements
- Aug. 26 (Rescheduled due to Hurricane Harvey) Attorney Powers speaks as an immigration expert at a town hall meeting for Representative Culberson.
- Sep. 10 Attorney Powers provides legal advice at Houston City Council Member Amanda Edwards’ Community Empowerment Series at Wisdom High School.
- Sep. 12 Attorney Powers answers questions about SB4 following a prayer vigil at Bering United Methodist Church.
- Sep. 14 Attorney Powers presents at McGarvey Business to Business Luncheon.
- Sep. 16 Attorney Powers presents at Cypress United Methodist Church.
- Sep. 20 Attorney Powers teaches law students about Waivers and Law Practice Management at South Texas School of Law.
- Oct. 26 Attorney Powers presents at the UT Continuing Legal Education (CLE) in Austin, Texas.