- I-751: approved in 5 months without request for evidence
- Marriage-Based Adjustment of Status- June 2014: Same-sex married couple approved at interview!
- Marriage- Based Adjustment of Status– January 2014: Client approved at interview!
- Marriage-Based Adjustment of Status– December 2013: Client approved at interview!
- I-130 (Sibling of USC) Reopened and approved – October 2013 – Client filed petition in 2003, never received an approval and petition was closed without notification. Once hired, to not lose priority date, we followed up on the case multiple times and after several months we were able to get the I-130 re-opened and it was approved days later.
- I-751 Approval in record time – July 2013 – Approved in under 5 months, no Interview or RFE
- Marriage-based Adjustment of Status with I-601 waiver for Fraud/Misrepresentation – July 2013 – Approval at interview in 3 months!
- Adjustment of Status – March 2013 – Success for a client from India with a case approved within 3 months!
- Marriage based Adjustment of Status – Venezuela – March 2013- Success for a client from Venezuela requiring a joint sponsor approved within 2 ½ months!
- Consular Processing – Immediate Relative – Rio de Janiero, Brazil – January 2013- Firm assisted US citizen husband in obtaining immediate relative visa for Brazilian wife – In 6 months, we went from I-130 to visa appointment approval!
- Consular Processing – Immediate Relative – Bogota, Colombia – Firm assisted US citizen husband in obtaining immediate relative visa for Colombian wife.
- I-130 Petition for Alien Relative – July 2, 2012 – Firm received approval in less then 2 WEEKS for US citizen husband and Brazilian wife living in Brazil.
- Consular Processing – Immediate Relative – Moscow, Russia – Firm assisted US citizen wife in obtaining immediate relative visa for Russian husband.
- Consular Processing – Immediate Relative – Guangzhou, China – Firm assisted US citizen husband in obtaining immediate relative visa for Chinese wife after failed pro se attempt at the fiancee visa.
- Marriage-Based Adjustment of Status – Successful Response to USCIS Marriage Fraud Claim – Clients who had filed all their paperwork for the fiance visa up until the marriage-based adjustment interview on their own, hired the Firm to respond to allegations to marriage fraud that resulted at the interview level. With dedicated precision, the Firm was able to respond with a legal brief and supporting documentation within less than 30 days, which resulted in an approved legal permanency residency.
- Pro Bono – Marriage-Based Adjustment of Status – San Antonio, TX – Clients had been missionaries for over 40 years and the Firm assisted with the entire successful marriage-based adjustment of status process on a pro bono basis.
- Marriage-Based Adjustment of Status – Houston, TX – Clients attempted to file immigration paperwork on their own not knowing the consequences of travel and other actions with a pending immigration case. With their financial livelihood at stake, the Firm was able to assist the clients in a successful legal permanent residency case before clients had to sacrifice their employment.
- Fiance Visa – Brazil – The Firm successfully assisted clients through the entire F-1 visa and adjustment of status process. The I-129F Petition for Alien Fiance was approved in a record 2 months and the clients did not have to attend an adjustment of status interview due to the Firm’s successful documentation of the clients’ marriage and relationship.
- Pro Bono – Immediate Relative – Consular Processing – Accra, Ghana – The Firm assisted clients, a minister’s family, throughout the consular processing of an immediate relative through Accra, Ghana. Although the case was delayed due to long waits for interview scheduling in the US Consulate, the Firm regularly followed up with advocacy until the case was approved. Clients are now living together after one and a half years apart.
- O-1 Individuals with Extraordinary Ability or Achievement October 2015: Petition approved without request for evidence in 2 weeks!
L-1A Multinational Manager Transfer October 2015: Petition approved in 7 days
L-1B Intra-Company Transfer of Specialized Knowledge Alien Approved in One month October 2015
- L-1A Multinational Manager Transfer June 2015: Petition approved in 10 days!
- E-2 Treaty Investor Visa June 2015: Approved at the consulate.
- H-1B Non-Immigrant Worker Petition May 2015: Subject to the CAP approved in one month!
- Multiple TN NAFTA Professional Visas October 2014: Approved at the Port of Entry!
- H-1B Non-Immigrant Worker September 2014: Change of Employer Petition approved in 10 days!
- I-140 Approval – January 2013 – Approval with premium processing in 1 week!
L-1A Multinational Manager Transfer for a Start-up Company Approved in less than a month! July 2015
L-1B Intra-Company Transfer of Specialized Knowledge Alien Approved in 10 days April 2015
- Affirmative Asylum – September 2015 Pakistan: Approval!
- Affirmative Asylum – June 2014 Iraq: Out-of-status family approved after interview!
- Affirmative Asylum – Zimbabwe- March 2013- Firm prepared an asylum client for her interview, attended interview and prepared client for her Notice of Intent to Deny response with successful results.
- Affirmative Asylum Approval – Houston, TX – August 8, 2012- Firm assisted a family of 2 from Nepal in obtaining a successful affirmative asylum case.
- Defensive Asylum – Immigration Court – Houston, TX – With a 20% asylum approval rate in immigration court in Houston, TX, the Firm won two separate asylum litigation cases in 2011.
- Affirmative Asylum Approvals – Houston, TX – The Firm assisted an entire family from Nepal in obtaining four successful affirmative asylum cases. The family remains in close contact with the Firm and is extremely grateful for the impact on their lives.
- Provisional Waiver I-601A Mexico-August 2014: Married couple with no children have waiver approved in less than 2 months!
- I-212 Waiver El Salvador – March 2014: Client found inadmissible during consular interview was approved in less than 2 months!
- Provisional Waiver I-601A – Mexico – July 2014: Married couple had waiver approved in 4 Months.
- Provisional Waiver I-601A – El Salvador – August 2014: Married couple with previous waiver denial gets approved in 3 months
- Provisional Waiver I-601A waiver – August 2014: Clients with no children have waiver approved in 2 months!
- I-212 Waiver-March 2014: Client from El Salvador was approved in less than 2 months!
- Provisional Waiver I-601A waiver – November 2013 – Firm’s second provisional waiver approval – approved in 4 months!
- Provisional Waiver I-601A waiver – June 2013 – Firm’s first provisional waiver approval – approved in less than 3 months
- Centralized Filing I-601 waivers – March 2013 – Firm had 2 more I-601 waivers approved within 4.5 months.
- Centralized Filing I-601 waiver – July 2013 – Approval for Mexican client within 6 months!
- Immigration Court Detained Case – 212(h) waiver – March 2013- Portuguese client with 4 US citizen children – Approved.
- I-601 Waiver – Juarez, Mexico – November 2012 – Firm assisted US citizen wife in unlawful presence I-601 waiver for Mexican husband.
- I-601 Waiver – Juarez, Mexico – August 2012 – Firm assisted US citizen wife in obtaining fraud/unlawful presence I-601 waiver and I-212 approval for Mexican husband who has remained outside of the US for over 10 years due to the permanent bar. The family will soon be reunited!
- I-601 Waiver – Juarez, Mexico – August 2, 2012 – Firm assisted US citizen husband in obtaining fraud waiver approval for Mexican wife.
- I-601 Waiver – Houston, Texas – June 2012 – Firm assisted US citizen husband with fraud waiver approval for Jordanian wife in less than 2 months.
- I-601 Waiver – Vancouver, Canada – April 16, 2012 – Firm assisted US citizen fiancee in obtaining fraud waiver approval for Canadian fiance.
- I-601 Waiver – San Salvador, El Salvador – August 25, 2011 – 7 Month adjudication process – The Firm assisted US citizen wife in obtaining waiver approval for El Salvadorian husband. Clients will soon be reunited after a long separation and overcoming many challenges.
- Pilot Program I-601 Waiver Approvals – Juarez, Mexico – Immigration Attorney Ruby L. Powers has overseen many pilot program waiver approvals in Juarez, Mexico and has extensive experience with the ever changing process that clients must navigate from the I-130 to the I-601. The Firm focuses on this area of immigration law and is dedicated to reuniting families. Recent Approvals:
- July 1, 2011 – Legal permanent resident’s Mexican wife’s waiver approved in pilot program
- August 2, 2011 – United States citizen’s Mexican husband’s waiver approved in pilot program
- September 7, 2011 – United States citizen’s Mexican husband’s waiver approved in pilot program
- January 23, 2012 – Legal permanent resident’s Mexican husband’s waiver approved in pilot program, waiver submitted in October 2011
- March 27, 2012 – United States citizen’s Mexican husband’s waiver approved in pilot program, waiver submitted in February 2012
- April 4, 2012 – United States citizen’s Mexican husband’s waiver approved in pilot program, waiver submitted in February 2012
- I-212c Waiver – Criminal basis – Immigration Court – Houston, TX – The Firm solidified a successful result for a long-time legal permanent resident who had issues of inadmissibility due to past criminal convictions.
- I-601 Waiver – Juarez, Mexico – Client previous relied on a ‘Notario’ for legal assistance and their I-601 waiver was consequently denied. Client hired the Firm immediately after the denial and the Firm was able to reopen the waiver process and secured a Pilot Program approval within 6 months of the denial. After living apart for a year or more, the family, with a young child, has been reunited!
- I-601 Waiver – Juarez, Mexico – Client previous relied on a ‘Notario’ for legal assistance and their I-601 waiver was referred. Client hired the Firm after the referral and the Firm advocated for client when the waiver was outside of normal processing times and was able to secure an approval.
- I-601 Waiver and Humanitarian Parole – Lagos, Nigeria – Attorney Ruby L. Powers successfully assisted the approval of an I-601 Waiver through Lagos, Nigeria as well as an approved humanitarian parole for client’s delicate health condition. These approvals reunited a family of 4, with two young children, who had been living apart for more than a year.
- I-601 Waiver – San Salvador, El Salvador – The Firm assisted clients in the successful adjudication of an I-601 Waiver through the El Salvador USCIS office in under the average reported processing time. Clients will soon be reunited after over a year and a half of separation.
- Bond Hearing – August 2014: Client from El Salvador detained by Immigration got his bond reduced about 50%.
- Credible Fear Case – August 2014: Client from El Salvador got his Credible Fear approved.
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) – July 2014: Client with Employment Authorization about to expire, got approval within 2 Months.
- Cancellation of Removal–May 2014: Detained permanent resident released after a successful courtroom win!
- DACA approval – October 2013 – DACA approval in under 3 months
- Bond Hearing – July 2013 – Successfully won bond for a client with a difficult charge which we argued was not a Crime Involving Moral Turpitude.
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals – July 2013 – Firm has approval on a DACA case with public intoxication as a minor
- AAO Appeal Sustained (Approved) – June 2013 – I-601 waiver denial from other attorney, firm appealed and received AAO approval!
- Withholding of Removal – Court – April 2013 – Success for client from Nepal – First hearing in February 2013 and approved by April 2013!
- Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) – December 2012 – Approval for a woman from the Phillipines married to a US citizen.
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals – December 2012/January 2013 – Approvals for those who entered the US as children and have no current legal status, will now receive work authorization which will allow them to obtain driver’s licenses and social security numbers.
- Parole Request Approved – October 2012 – Firm received an approval for a parole request of a detained long-time legal permanent resident who was considered an arriving alien returning from a trip back from Mexico. Not eligible for a bond, firm secured a successful parole request so that the mother of four could be reunited in her home state and with her family for the holidays.
- US Citizenship and Naturalization – Client hired another firm for their naturalization case. After three and a half years, their case had not progressed. Client hired the Law Office of Ruby L. Powers and with agressive advocacy, the Firm was able to have an interview rescheduled and client became a US citizen six months after retaining the firm.
- Pro Bono – Cuban National – Legal Permanency Residency – The Firm has been very active with local immigrant non-profit organizations including Tahirih Justice Center, Casa Juan Diego, and Neighborhood Centers, Inc. Through this involvement, the Firm assisted a disabled Cuban national who had lived in the United States for many years without status to finally obtain his legal permanent residency. Due to client’s losing many documents in a hurricane, this process took over a year to complete but has changed the client’s life dramatically.
- Pro Bono – Mexican National – I-360 Widow Petition – The Firm took on a sympathetic case of a widow of US citizen who had served in the US military. With nowhere to turn, the Firm assisted client in obtaining an approved I-360 on a pro bono basis.