Powers Law Group seeks a full-time legal intern for a short term position with an immediate start date of asap for 4-6 weeks.
Applicants will only be considered if they meet the above requirements.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND PRIMARY:
The legal intern will be a contributing member of the team that consists of attorneys, legal assistants and administrative staff. The primary role will be to assist in closing legal matters, communicating with clients, scanning documents and organizing files.
- Minimum one year of experience in an administrative role;
- Proficiency in MS Office (word, excel, etc.);
- Fluency in English(speak, write, and read-this will be tested) (Spanish a plu);
- Reliable transportation;
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills;
- Must be able to work efficiently and effectively with staff and supervisor by following instructions;
- Must be able to prioritize work while remaining focused on deadlines;
- Must be able to work with distractions;
- Must be able to work independently on multiple projects and matters with minor supervision;
- Must possess strong organization skills-should know where files are and maintain a tidy work space;
- Be a team player and think outside the box;
- Must be highly detail-oriented;
- Must maintain a professional demeanor; and
- Be able to work at the office location for the majority of the time (following CDC and safety guidelines).
***** Please submit a writing sample and three professional references (email, number and affiliation) when applying *****
• Based on experience $15 an hour
Email your cover letter, writing sample, references and resume to [email protected] with the subject: Summer Legal Intern
Please do not call or fax the office regarding employment. We will only contact those we plan to interview.
Job Type: Full-time short-term contract