Dear Powers Law Group Clients,
The health and wellness of our clients and employees is our top priority. We are closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and reviewing guidance from the CDC as well as state and local authorities. We are firmly committed to doing our part to lessen the virus’ impact on our communities. Our elderly and immunocompromised families, neighbors and friends are at serious risk from COVID 19 from a health perspective, and our uninsured community members without legal status are especially vulnerable. PLG will be working remotely as of March 16, 2020. In light of recent events and in an attempt to maintain the safety and health of our clients, the Powers Law Group will operate remotely only for the next few weeks. For most of our clients, this change will not interfere in the slightest. We will continue to take your calls and answer your emails during regular business hours. We will be limiting in person interactions and ask for your cooperation during this, what we hope to be, temporary transition.We value the health of our clients and staff, PLG will do its part in containing the spread of COVID-19. We appreciate your patience and understanding during these times of uncertainty.
To better serve you, we ask that if you need to:
- Reschedule a consultation or move a consultation to a phone call, please call our office
- Reschedule an interview or appointment with a government agency, please email your point of contact and notify the proper government agency
- Speak to an attorney, please call the office or email the point of contact or attorney
- Make a payment, please call the office, we can take payments in various ways but prefer online
- Drop off important files, please mail them after emailing us a copy (send us tracking confirmation or expected delivery date)
- Drop off filing fees, please mail them (safely and with tracking)
- For case status updates, please email your point of contact
Furthermore, and to help manage expectations, please remember that:
- The Powers Law Group has 48 hours to respond to your emails and phone calls. This excludes weekends, after hours, and time off. If you have called or emailed within that time, please allow us the alloted time to contact you back.
- The Powers Law Group requires one (1) point of contact per matter. Phone calls and emails should be made by the assigned point of contact. This is so we can better serve you and other clients. We will be unable to communicate with any other party other than the assigned.
- The Powers Law Group works on a first come first serve basis unless rush services have been requested. Your patience is most appreciated.
- The Powers Law Group prefers the main method of contact to be by email. We understand this is not always possible and are willing to work with you. However, for the time being, no communication through email will mean you need to communicate with us by phone and mail only. There will be no in person visits.
What We’re Doing to Prioritize Your Health:
- Going remote to minimize community spread of COVID-19 and interaction through contact means of email, phone calls, etc.
- Encouraging staff members to work from home.
- Encouraging clients to stay home with loved ones
- Starting today, PLG staff will be mostly working from home and moving our meetings to online, video platforms, until further notice.
- Feel free to contact us via phone call or email.
PH: (713) 589-2085
Fax: (713) 589-3101
Recommended sources of trusted information:
- Harris County Public Health: http://publichealth.harriscountytx.gov/Resources/2019-Novel-Coronavirus
- US Center for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html
- World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- For USCIS or EOIR please visit: USCIS Response to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
We all have a role to play in slowing the spread of coronavirus. If not for you, think of the elderly and those with compromised immune systems. Please help Houstonians and do your part.
All my best,
Ruby L. Powers
Powers Law Group, P.C.
Email: [email protected]
TX: (713) 589-2085