Work authorization (Required)
Company: Powers Law Group
Powers Law Group, a leading immigration law firm, is seeking a dedicated and passionate Spanish-speaking Immigration Court Attorney to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will be a member of the Texas Bar, fluent in both English and Spanish, and possess 1-2 years of experience in immigration law.
- Provide expert legal counsel to clients seeking assistance in areas such as deportation and removal, asylum, family-based petitions, and employment-based petitions.
- Build and strengthen our litigation department, handling Removal Defense, Appeals, Federal litigation, Mandamus, and Administrative Procedure Act lawsuits.
- Conduct in-depth legal research and produce high-quality motions, briefs, appeals, and declarations.
- Facilitate legal consultations, ensuring clients are informed and supported throughout the process.
- Stay updated with immigration law developments, continuously enhancing your knowledge and becoming a thought leader in the field.
- Supervise legal assistants, law clerks, and interns, ensuring their work aligns with firm standards.
- Attend interviews (I-130, I-485, I-751, N-400, and I-589, etc.), representing clients professionally and ethically.
- Engage in administrative and management duties related to the practice of law.
- Participate in AILA events, advocacy activities, and community goodwill initiatives representing the firm.
- Contribute to the firm’s visibility and expertise by writing articles and speaking at immigration-related conferences.
- Assist in firm management and contribute to business development efforts.
- Law degree from an accredited law school.
- Texas Bar membership and good standing; memberships to other state bars will be considered.
- 1-2 years of experience as an immigration practicing attorney.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Strong fluency in both written and spoken English and Spanish.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and insurance.
- Employment-based immigration experience is a plus.
Competitive salary based on experience.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
How to Apply:
To be considered for this opportunity, please email your cover letter, resume, 3 professional references, a writing sample, and salary history/requirements to [[email protected]] with the subject line “Immigration Court Attorney.”
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability when required
1311 Enid St. Houston, TX 77009
At Powers Law Group, we value diversity and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Join us in making a meaningful impact in the lives of our clients. We look forward to welcoming a dedicated professional to our team.
Note: This job description is not exhaustive and may be amended in the future as per the firm’s requirements.