Attorney Michele L. Strickland exclusively practices immigration law. She has 15 years of experience representing businesses and individuals in all aspects of employment-based and family-based immigration law.
She focuses her practice on small to mid-size companies and higher education, including multi-national corporations, investors, national interest waivers and individuals with extraordinary ability in their field.
She is active in The American Immigration Lawyers Association, holding leadership positions in the past. Ms. Strickland received her JD from Quinnipiac University School of Law in Hamden, Connecticut and her BA in Communications from the University of New Orleans. She resides in The Woodlands, Texas with her husband, Richard, and their two college-age daughters, Laura and Anna. She enjoys traveling, biking and spending time with her family.
- Bachelor of Arts – University of New Orleans, New Orleans, LA 1989
- Juris Doctor – Quinnipiac College School of Law Hamden, CT 1992
- Guest Lecturer, Immigration Law, Quinnipiac University School of Law, 2003, 2005 and 2006
- Speaker, Nonimmigrant visas for Business Professionals, American Immigration Lawyers Association Annual Conference, 2003
- Speaker, Special Registration Requirements, Connecticut Bar Association Immigration Law Seminar, 2003
- International Institute of Connecticut (Board of Directors 2003-2007)
- Named one of America’s Best Lawyers by peers 2006
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (Connecticut Chapter Chair 2001-03, Chapter Vice Chair, 1999-2001, Secretary 1997-99, Treasurer 1996-97)
- New Haven County Bar Association (Executive Committee 1997-2000); New Haven Young Lawyers (President 97-98, Secretary 96-97)
- Amistad Academy Charter School Planning Committee (1998-2000)
- Co-Chair Houston AILA (2018)
- Speaker, American Immigration Lawyers Association Annual Conference, 2018
- Houston, TX